The Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering will give you an excellent and effective start to your career as a professional Cost Engineer/Cost Controller/Estimator and also lead to higher education, if desired. Advanced Diplomas are well respected industry qualifications for engineering students, and employers value the skills that you gain on the programme. It can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the construction industry.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Cost Engineering professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects.
This well established national qualification is set at an intermediate undergraduate level and places academic theory within a practical context as well as enabling you to pass a degree with honours or distinction in any university in the United Kingdom or overseas.
Certificate (level 4) can be achieved at completion of year one and advanced Diploma (level 5) at completion of year two. This diploma course is the right choice if you wish to work as a Cost Engineering Professional or if you want to attend university to follow a BSc course.
- Skills shortages in the industry
- Easy employment opportunities
- Possible step to successfully follow degree program
- Office based position
- This course will fit in with employers’ needs
- Capable to work or continue to further study
- Your knowledge will maximise your employer’s chance of increasing profitability
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Cost Engineering to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- You will attend live online lectures by first class British lecturers
It will enable you to perform successfully within multi-million dollar projects
- All live lectures will be conducted online
The course consists of two years including optional industrial training. Each year long programme contains 6 core modules. Students’ performance will be assessed by online exams’ and open book exam (assignments). Three months’ industrial training will be required at successful completion of all modules.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Construction Materials and Scope of Works
- Construction Project Scheduling
- Method of Measurements and Estimating
- Construction Procurement
- Pricing and Tendering Strategies
- Construction Economics
- Project Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Value Engineering
- Cost Planning and Reporting
- Minimum 18 years old, and
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE in Maths and English (or Equivalent), or
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering/Science including Mathematics, or
- If you have relevant experience please contact us on email@example.com with your updated CV
- Course materials will be delivered through our study portal
- Live online lectures will be held enabling you to ask questions during your lectures
- Interaction with your fellow course students
- Learn from your home whilst having all the benefits and feel of a class room study
- Lecturer’s computer screen will be shared with video conferencing through special software
Period of Study
The course follows a two-year programme. The following course schedule includes learning, online exams and an open book exam (assignment).
- Each Module will be of 8 weeks duration
There will be a number of revisions or re-submissions of unsuccessful exams, which will be allocated at the end of each module.
The College provides live online lectures including question and answer sessions from the United Kingdom. Further, the college will organise group study and develop the presenting skills of students. In addition, you are required to carry out a significant level of independent study.
Total course fee per year is £2,280 or alternatively you may choose instalment payment plan
Supplemental fees for English Language Course will apply if you have chosen the Intensive English Program.
If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college at firstname.lastname@example.org or our international centers/career advisers directly. The start date of your module is dependent on the enrolment date of your module. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment or module payment. You will not be awarded for any partial or module completion. Once you successfully complete your first year you will be awarded Certificate (level 4) and at completion of the two years programme, you will be awarded Diploma (level 5).