Construction Disputes and Avoidance
This short course will give you understanding of alternative dispute resolution methods, dispute avoidance process, dispute resolution techniques and types of claims presented by owners, and contractors and recognise the best practices for avoiding construction claims.
In addition the course deals with the importance of communication and documentation, and the various means of resolving disputes. Through a combination of online lectures, lecture materials and supplementary materials, course participants will be able to develop skills to control projects with maximisation of income.
The course lectures will be conducted by senior consultants who have significant level of experience and expertise in the field of construction claims and construction disputes resolution as general contractors.
This course will assist you with gaining your Cpd hours. If you are hoping to become a chartered member of any professional institutions, you will be required records of continuing professional development (Cpd) that you keep records of time spent accumulating Cpd hours. The course carries formal 20 Cpd hours which will count towards your continuing professional development. You will be received a signed certificate at the end of your successful assessment that includes Cpd hours.
This course will provide successful following outcomes:
- Understand the nature and background to alternative dispute resolution.
- Knowledge on general principles of conflict avoidance processes and dispute resolution techniques.
- Understand processes and procedures of various forms of alternative dispute resolution and conflict avoidance.
- Increase awareness on dispute escalation clauses.
- Develop skills for proactive planning and management of future work, as well as raising early issues of concern can avoid disputes.
- Develop the ability to properly use analytical methods and evaluation techniques in interim valuations and claims.