Claims preparation course conducted globally
- Direct entry to become ACIArb at successful completion
- Face to face training course
- 4-day programme over two weekends
- Recognised for National Occupational Standards (NOS) (Course Ref: R072)
Dubai – on 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd March 2019
Preparation of an effective claim, particularly developing the strategic approach is necessary to prepare a robust and convincing claim with the aim of encouraging the recipient to recognise its cost and to support amicable negotiations. The manner in which a claim is presented can maximize the potential for recovering potential losses. Claims preparation will be phased in four categories such as research, analysis, evaluation and effective writing. The training covers all main forms of contract including FIDIC, NEC, JCT in accordance with the participants’ geographical locations and the uses of the publications.
The claims preparation course is aimed at professionals/employees who are working for employers, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors and also suitable for intermediate professionals providing a brief overview and the skills to quantify claims, determine causation, assess responsibility and determine the time and financial consequences for income management and income protection.
The course is primarily intended for (but not limited to) the following types of projects in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction sectors: Construction, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Infrastructure, Power Plants, Turnkey and Pipeline Projects.
The claims preparation course includes sample claim documents, case law analysis, and practical examples and case studies for acquiring skills and understanding the science behind construction claims.
- Manage Project Documentation
- Implement Procedures for Record Keeping
- Provide Contractual Advice
- Evaluate Change Orders
- Prepare Effective Claims
- Determine Liability and Quantify Damages
- Delay Analysis Techniques
- Assessing the Merits and Defending Claims
- Dispute Resolution Methods
- Avoid Disputes or Find Resolutions
Benefits to Employers
- Dealing Effectively with Documentation for Project Entitlements and Construction Claims
- Developing Familiarity with Contractual Entitlements and Obligations
- Determining Entitlement to Extension of Time
- Skills to Quantify Claims and Determine Causation for Income Management
- Skills to prepare a High Standard Claims Report
- Maximising Revenue and Recovering Potential Losses
- Provide Relief in Pressure to Deliver Complex Projects on Time and within Budget
- Increasing the Probability of Successful Resolution of the Dispute
- Increasing Skills to Manage Disputes in the Field of Non-Court Dispute Resolution
- Law of the Contract
- Introduction to Claims
- Claims Under the Contract
- Standard Forms and Applications
- Payment Methods
- Change Orders
- Group Exercises
- Projects and Problems
- Claims Relating to Time
- Claims relating to Money
- Group Exercises
- Common Heads of Loss
- Procedures/Processes of Claims
- Steps in accordance with FIDIC
- Preparing Successful Claims
- Research and Investigating Project Documentation
- Delay Analysis Using Planning Techniques
- The Programme in a Claim Situation
- Selecting a Delay Analysis Method
- EOT Assessment and Analysis Techniques
- Extension of Time Submissions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Adjudication Boards (DAB)
- Arbitration Procedure
- Law Analysis
Contract Engineers I Administrators
Benefits of Participants
- Formal CPD Hours
- Gain contract management knowledge and skills
- Direct entry to become ACIArb at the successful completion of the claims preparation course
- Higher salary and demandable position
- Develop your career as a Commercial/Contract Manager or Claims Consultant
- Gain talents to work as a successful Commercial/Contract Manager
- Leads to a fantastic professional career
Total Course Fee
- Single Registration is only £1,090 per participant
- Group Registration is only £1,050 per participant
Minimum three candidates are required for a group registration. All costs are subject to VAT. The Course Fee excludes overnight hotel stay.
You can make payment online at www.theccm.co.uk or alternatively by bank transfer to College of Contract Management, Sort Code: 20-45-45 Account No: 43262177 Bank: Barclays Bank (For International Payment-SWIFT Code: BARCGB22, IBAN: GB95BARC20454543262177)
Geoff Schmitt is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and Fellow Member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and the Chartered Institution of Arbitrators.
Geoff has over 50 years’ experience dealing with all aspects of contract management, claim submissions, claim defence, dispute resolution and presenting and defending cases in dispute resolution on behalf of Government, Developers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors in the UK, the Middle East, Far East,, Europe, and Africa.
This has been on a wide range of civil engineering and building projects including hydro-electric, water supply, sewage treatment, process facilities, pipelines, marine works, expressways, railways, reclamations, submarine pipelines and a wide range of building projects including commercial, retail, education and development projects.
Geoff is highly experienced in Commercial and Claims Management, quantum issues, contract documentation and Dispute Resolution both in the promotion and defence of claims including acting as a Quantum Expert Witness in arbitral and legal proceedings on Traditional, Design and Build, Management and EPC contracts. He is an experienced expert witness.
He has been involved as an experienced lecturer and trainer in a number of claims preparation course s.
The College’s website has easy access for registration, either single or group candidates, with secure online payments through the checkout process.
If you have difficulties with registration and online payment, the College also accepts registration via email and can offer easy payment options. If the course fee is being paid by a company, we can issue an invoice on receipt of a purchase order or email confirmation.
Our admission team is keen to assist visa application of overseas participants, airport pick-up and overnight hotel stay. Our admission coordinators will be contactable on email@example.com or alternatively +44 (0) 1420 481681 0r +44 (0) 1420 85999.