This short course will give you awareness of construction claims and enhance the ability of staff at all levels in the general contractor’s organization to deal effectively with documentation for every project and construction claims, and to recovery of additional costs on a project, or negotiate a claim for extra cost.
In addition the course deals with analysis and the various means of quantification including productivity and delay analysis, and change management. Through a combination of online lectures, lecture materials and supplementary reading materials, course participants will be able to develop familiarity with contractual entitlements and obligations and develop and implement effective construction project administration.
The course lectures will be conducted by Senior Consultants who have expertise in the field of construction claims and extensive experience as general contractors.
This course will assist you with gaining your formal CPD hours. If you are hoping to become a chartered member of any professional institutions, you will be required to maintain a record of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which will show how you have accumulated your CPD hours. This course will provide 10 CPD hours in total, 4 hours will be from lectures provided by the College and the remaining 6 hours from your own self study through the supplementary reading materials which are available in Moodle. You will receive an electronic version of a signed Certificate on completion of the course which will confirm the CPD hours obtained. There is no assessment required to gain the formal CPD hours.
This course will provide successful following outcomes:
- Increase awareness level of construction claims,
- Able to recognize claimable situations and maximise income to projects,
- Recognise contractual entitlements and obligations
- Identify and document delays or issues as they relate to project schedules
- Organize file setup and documentation
- Understand the notification of necessary events in the projects which to support claims
- Develop the ability to properly use analytical methods and evaluation techniques in projects and problems, research, quantify and present