Construction Risk Management
This short course will give you understanding of the nature of risk and, in particular, of the risks associated with area of business and the application of the various methods and techniques used to measure risk.
Quantity Surveyors, Contract Managers, Commercial Managers, Project Managers, Estimators, Building Surveyors, Construction Managers, Site Managers and Civil Engineers are the right candidates to the programme.
Through a combination of online lectures, lecture materials and supplementary reading materials, course participants will be able to apply the various methods and techniques to measure risk and use risk registers and the models to quantify risk.
The course lectures will be conducted by Senior Consultants who have significant level of experience, expertise in the field of construction risk management and extensive experience as general contractors.
This course will assist you with gaining your CPD hours. If you are hoping to become a chartered member of any professional institutions, you will be required records of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) that you keep records of time spent accumulating CPD hours. The course carries formal CPD hours which will count towards your Continuing Professional Development. You will be received a signed Certificate at the end of your successful completion.
This course will provide successful following outcomes:
- Understand the concept of construction risks
- Recognise the risks and its process
- Quantify the risks and its process that a contract manager requires to manage risk effectively
- Skills and knowledge to establish a risk management process
- Implement risk management process in JCT, NEC and FIDIC forms of contracts
- Recommendation to effectively manage and mitigate the risks
- Develop the ability to properly use analytical methods and evaluation techniques
- Manage risk register and create strategies