Contract Management Professional Practice Course
Total Course Fee £1,490
Total Credits 50 under ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation)
No. of Modules 8
You can learn whilst you are working
Accredited By The Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the Chartered Management Institute and the Quantity Surveyor International
The Advanced Diploma in Professional Practice in Contract Management will give you competent skills to start your career as a Contract Manager/Project Manager/Contract Administrator/Claim Consultant/Project Control Engineer. The course is designed for professionals’ who are working as a Site Manager/ Construction Manager/ Project Manager/ Civil Engineer/Quantity Surveyor/ Lawyer in the Construction and Oil and Gas industries. If you have completed a bachelor programme in Engineering, or Quantity Surveying, or Law, or Management or any relevant Construction Studies, it can lead to a rewarding professional career in the construction, oil and gas industries.
The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful contract management professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects to mitigate loss and maximise the profit of the project.
This is a postgraduate level live online course with 50 credits so you can take it from wherever you are in the world. We will schedule all live online lectures for when you aren’t working so you can follow the course while continuing to work. You can ask questions to the lecturer during the session like classroom session via voice or chat. If you have missed any lectures, you can refer them from the recordings which will be available in our Moodle (Virtual Study Platform). You will feel as a classroom environment with our live online lectures.
The course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become a leader of construction. Therefore this course is the right choice if you wish to get a higher salary and position of high responsibility.
- You will be an asset to the industry with the skills you will acquire due to the current lack of employers who hold such skills in the industry.
- You will find it easier to find employment
- Possible step to become a Construction Leader or Consultant
- Higher salary due to your employability value
- Capable to work as a Project Manager or Contract Manager or Claims Consultant
- You will be of higher value to your employer by increasing company income
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Project Management to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- It will enable you to perform very well in multi-million dollar values construction projects
- Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering or Management or Law or any Construction Studies; and
- Minimum two years work experience in construction projects; and
- English language proficiency
The modules of this course are:
- CM210 Contract Structure and Documentation
- CM220 Construction Financial Management and Procurement
- CM230 Construction Law
- CM240 Construction Site Operations
- CM310 Forms of Contract
- CM320 Construction Claims
- CM330 Construction Planning and Scheduling
- CM340 Construction Dispute Resolution
- Course material will be delivered through Study Portal
- Tutorials, exercises and assignments will be directly submitted through Study Portal & marked by lecturers and tutors
- Access to lecturers and tutors for assistance and guidance
- First class British lecturers
- Online communication for any assistance
- Course Coordinators will be contactable 365 days of the year
- Course Coordinator/tutors will be available to help you with additional information about course materials, your queries related to submissions and technical difficulties.
- You can interact with your fellow course students to discuss the course in accordance with the policy of the college.
The tutorials, exercises and assignments are directly related to your course contents and learning outcomes. The submission of assignment, exercises and tutorials will help you to learn and pass the subjects with a grade.
Period of Study
The course follows a 6-9 months programme. The following course schedule includes 760 hours of learning.
There will be the submission of assessments and revisions or re-submissions of any unsatisfactory work allowed within the deadline set, which should be allocated for an additional period at the end of the semesters.
The College provides live online lectures with sharing the screen for each module. You will feel as if you are in a classroom environment when you are learning from your home. You do not necessarily have to leave your country, work and family.
In addition, each student is required to carry out an independent study.
Total course fee £ 1490
The course fee is £1290 + Admission fee is £200. We offer monthly direct debit or three instalments payment option, however, the full payment is discounted than the other payment plans.
The start date of your course is dependent on the enrolment date of your course. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment, or partial payment to a particular module.