Level 2 is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. It is perfect for learners who wish to pursue a career in business administration, a career with many exciting opportunities. They will learn how to manage information and support events. They will be able to find a rewarding position in a variety of industries and job roles.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work successfully in a highly skilled role in business administration.
This well-established qualification is set to level 2 and gives learners skills to study independently and develop excellent organisational skills preparing them for a career in business administration.
This course is the right choice if you wish to work as a highly skilled individual in a business environment.
This qualification helps learners to develop knowledge and skills that employers look for when filling a job role. The skills range from familiar ‘essential skills’ like teamwork, independent learning and problem solving, to more complex skills such as:
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
- Personal manners and appropriate behaviour
- Professional dress code and office/business etiquette
- Business-like interpersonal skills
- Professional & appropriate communication skills
- Supporting colleagues
- Skills shortages in the industry
- Easy employment opportunities
- Office based position
- This course will fit in with employers’ needs
- Capable to work or continue to further study
- You will be a greater asset to your employer by increasing company income
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in business administration to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- You will attend live online lectures by first class British lecturers
- It will enable you to perform very well in highly demanding business environments
- All live lectures will be conducted online
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, learners are required to successfully complete the 5 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
Unit 01 Principles of providing administrative services
Unit 02 Principles of business document production and information management
Unit 03 Understand communication in a business environment
Unit 04 Understand employer organisations
Unit 05 Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
Optional (you need to choose 2 units from units 06-21 listed below)
Unit 06 Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
Unit 07 Understand how to provide administrative support for meetings
Unit 08 Understand how to prepare text
Unit 09 Understand how to store, retrieve and archive information
Unit 10 Understand the administration of human resource records
Unit 11 Understand how to use and maintain supplies and office equipment
Unit 12 Understand customer service
Unit 13 Understand the use of research in business
Unit 14 Principles of customer relationships
Unit 15 Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Unit 16 Exploring social media
Unit 17 Understand the safe use of online and social media platforms
Unit 18 Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
Unit 19 Principles of marketing theory
Unit 20 Principles of digital marketing
Unit 21 Principles of team leading
Learners must be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
- Course materials will be delivered through the study portal
- Live online & recording lectures will be held, and you can ask questions during your lectures
- You can interact with your fellow course students
- You will study from the convenience of your home but feel as if you are in a classroom
- The Lecturer’s computer screen will be shared by utilising video conferencing software
Period of Study
- Level 2 can be achieved in a year, but depending on the learner’s motivation can be achieved quicker.
- Study time: 155 hours
- Course format: Online live lectures
- Assignments: 7 (5 mandatory & 2 optional)
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. Grades are not awarded. A unit certificate can be requested for learners who don’t achieve their full qualification but who have achieved at least one whole unit.
The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration is internally assessed and externally moderated. Each learner must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria. On completion of each unit, learners must declare that the work produced is their own. The Assessor must countersign this.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio can include (in no particular order):
- Learner’s proof of work
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
Level 2. Certificate in Principles of Business Administration – £339
If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college. The start date of your course is dependent on the enrolment date of your course. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment.