MCIOB opportunity – CMP or PR route
The Chartered Membership Programme gives you the rewarding opportunity of becoming a MCIOB for individuals with relevant experience who have non-recognised qualifications. This course will provide you with competent skills enabling you to achieve a career as a Construction Manager or Project Manager. The course has been designed for professionals’ who are working at a significant level of experience in the industry.
Once you become a MCIOB, it can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the real estate and construction industries.
The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Construction or Project Management professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects to mitigate loss and maximise profit of the project.
The course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become a leader of construction. Therefore this course is the right choice if you wish to achieve a higher salary and position of high responsibility.
- A supported route to become MCIOB (chartered membership).
- A structured learning programme.
- The programme provides competent skills to start your career into a middle and senior management roles.
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Project Management to improve your chances of success.
- You can learn whilst you are working.
- You will be of higher value to your employer by increasing company income.
- Assessment is through a practical project scenario that allows you to demonstrate your understanding, knowledge and skills to work as a successful manager.
- Access to the College’s Study Portal (Virtual Learning Site) allows you access to learning resources and course materials easily.
- A tailored, distance-learning course structure.
- Guidance and support with your Professional Review application.
- Lectures and tutorials by first class British lecturers.
Minimum five years management experience in construction
However following candidates can be considered:
- A wide range of technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry.
- Candidates who have completed the CIOB Site Management Programmes (forms a progression route).
The course is made up of four semesters. Each semester includes a wide range of subjects, question tutorials,
exercises and various assignments to evaluate the performance of students.
The subjects of each semester are:
- Ground Engineering Techniques and Substructure Technology
- Design and Installation of Building Services
- Superstructure for Commercial and Multi-Storey Buildings
- Principles Relating to Work on Existing Structures and Fabric
- Design Process in Relation to the Built Environment
- Process Management
- Management of Resources
- Planning and Scheduling
- Performance Management
Contract and Commercial Practice
- Construction Law
- Construction Cost Management
- Pre and Post Contract Administration
- Commercial Risks Management
- Construction Procurement
- Construction Dispute Resolution
Health, Safety and Environment
- Legal Framework of Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Environmental Risks
- Substantial Development and Legislation to the Built Environment
- Environmental Problems and Solutions
- Environmental Concepts, Strategies and Policies Formation
- Course material will be delivered through Study Portal.
- Tutorials, exercises and assignments will be directly submitted through Study Portal & marked by lecturers and tutors.
- Access to lecturers and tutors for assistance and guidance.
- Lectures by first class British lecturers.
- Online communication for any assistance.
- Course Coordinators will be contactable 365 days of the year.
- Course Coordinator/tutors will be available to help you with additional information about course materials, your queries related to submissions and technical difficulties.
- You can interact with your fellow course students to discuss the course in accordance with the policy of the college.
The tutorials, exercises and assignments are directly related to your course contents and learning outcomes. The submission of assignment, exercises and tutorials will help you to learn and pass the subjects.
Period of Study
The course follows over a nine months programme. The course scheduled following academic period.
- Semester 1 – 10 weeks
- Semester 2 – 10 weeks
- Semester 3 – 10 weeks
- Semester 4 – 10 weeks
There will be submission of assessments and revisions or re-submissions of any unsatisfactory work allowed within the deadline set, which should be allocated for an additional period at the end of the semesters.
The College provides online lectures and tutorial lessons in each semester. In addition, each student is required to carry out independent study on the subject in each semester. The course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become a leader of construction.
Prior to registering this programme, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated full CV including education history and work experience. You will also need to provide description of your current role, an organisation chart of your current company, and details of the projects you have been involved.
Our Programme Coordinator will take an assessment of your experience and will advise you in three working days.
Once you are accepted for the programme, you will receive an Approval Form from the College which will enable you to apply for Student or Associate Membership of the CIOB. Registration costs for the membership is £50.00 that can be made payable to the CIOB directly. All Candidates must be in membership prior to starting their Chartered Membership Programme. When you have paid fees, you will be sent login details to access the CMP virtual learning site (Moodle) so that you can start your programme.
Total course fee £ 1,190
Total course fee is only £1,190.
The start dates of the course are on 25th January and 7th September.
Professional Review and Examination
The Professional Review and the Examination are part of the CMP to become MCIOB. The Professional Review is a paper based assessment of your submission of a report that should be included job description, history of experience, company organisation chart, CV along with CPD record. The College will initially asses your experience against the requirement of the Professional Review. You will be advised on appropriate career development to enhance your experience if there are gaps in your experience against the requirements of the Professional Review. The final assessment will be made by CIOB. You will need to have submitted your complete report for Professional Review prior to completing the Examination.
There is one examination which will be held in June or November. It is an Open Book examination that means you can work at home using all available resources. As a member of the CIOB you will also have access to the Moodle (Virtual Learning Site) making it possible to receive and answer exam questions and get results through Moodle.
The fee for the examination is only £350 and must be directly paid to the CIOB 8 weeks prior to the examination taking place. The results will be issued in September (for June Test) and January (for November Test).
On successful completion of your CMP and the PR you will become MCIOB. College of Contract Management will provide you advice and support thought your successful completion.