Site Management Course
Site Management Course (Live Online)
Learn whilst you work
Successful completion of the CERTIFICATE (only four modules) enables the candidate to apply for the CSCS Black Management card.
CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management: The CIOB level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management is designed for eligible candidates working in the construction sector who wish to move into more formal management roles within the construction industry. The course covers a wide variety of topics including contractual and legal responsibilities, developing people and project planning. Also, if you are already employed in a management position in the construction industry, the course provides you with a recognised qualification which demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of management functions that you will be expected to use in your day–to–day role.
CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management: CIOB level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management is designed for construction site managers working in the construction sector who wish to move into more formal management roles within the construction industry. The qualification develops the learner’s knowledge and skills to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee large or complex construction projects safely and efficiently.
The site management course comprises two qualifications; the Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management and the Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management course. To achieve the Certificate, candidates are required to undertake four modules includingUnit 4. To achieve the Diploma, candidates are required to undertake eight additional units.
CIOB qualifications are now regulated under the Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF). Gaining the Site Management course Certificate and Diploma provides evidence to employers and clients that an internationally recognised level of qualification has been successfully achieved. Having experienced site managers with this qualification helps employers satisfy regulatory health and safety and other EU requirements. The learning outcomes include all the necessary knowledge and skills for you to develop to run a successful construction project. The programmes provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding in Construction Site Management.
- Progressing into a construction site manager role
- Skills shortages in the industry
- Eligible to apply CSCS black card at successful completion of four modules
- Easy employment opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- Possible step to successfully progress to becoming MCIOB through the Chartered Membership Programme
- Providing knowledge and understanding for the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management
- Possible step to successfully follow a degree program
- Following successful completion of the two year course, your qualification may be considered for exemption from certain modules
Why choose us?
- Learn whilst you are working
- Attend live online lectures by first class British lecturers
- All live lectures will be scheduled at your non-working hours
- Interact live with the lecturers
- Access to video recording of the lecture if you missed any live lectures
- The high standard of teaching has given our courses a proven track record of success
- Our highly qualified first class British lecturers are committed to helping you realise your potential
- The College has achieved accreditation status from the leading professional bodies of the construction industries
- Our excellent relationships with employers confirm our reputation, which delivers graduates capable of maximising income and minimizing risk of the construction projects
The diploma level site management course consists of two years part time study
Unit 04 –
Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Riskand any other three units from the following for the Certificate. Candidates for the Diploma in Site Management need to undertake all 12 units. Assessment is based on four assignments based on real projects. The qualifications are based on completion of assignments. RQF credit value of each unit is 8 and the unit guided learning hours is 40 hours.
- Unit 01 – Planning
- Unit 02 – Project Control and Monitoring
- Unit 03 – Managing Quality
- Unit 05 – Managing Dimensional Control
- Unit 06 – Developing and Managing Personnel
- Unit 07 – Managing Sustainable Construction
- Unit 08 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
- Unit 09 – Estimating and Measuring Work
- Unit 10 – Managing Sub-Contractors
- Unit 11 – Managing Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Unit 12 – Managing the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction
- UCAS tariff Score 80-120 (current) / 32-48 (2017 onwards) and relevant experience, or
- Level 3 S/NVQ, or equivalent, in a related subject, or
- CIOB Level 3 Award in Supervising Construction Works to Existing Buildings and Structures, or
- CIOB Level 3 Award in Supervising the Construction of New Buildings and Structures, or
- CIOB Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies, or
- Three years’ relevant construction experience
- Course materials will be delivered through the CIOB’s Moodle (study portal)
- Live online lectures will be held enabling you to ask questions during your lectures
- Interaction with your fellow course students
- Learn from your home whilst having all the benefits and feel of class room study
- Lecturer’s computer screen will be shared with video conferencing through special software
Period of Study
The certificate can be gained after one year. The candidate can achieve the Diploma in a further 12 months.
The candidate will be required to join the CIOB as a student member.
Total period of the course is 2 years however this can be adjusted according to the College time table so completion timescales may be less than stated.
Additionally, the college will organize group study and develop the presenting skills of students. You should be prepared to spend time in private study to assist your assignments, in addition to attendance the live lectures.
The CIOB will offer certificate for individual units, which can be used at a later date for the student to complete their full award.
Total course fee for Certificate- £980 (4 units for year 1)
Total course fee for Diploma – £2,700 (4 units for year 1 + 8 units for year 2)
A course registration fee is payable to the CIOB.
All students aged 19 years or over on 07 April in the first year of their course are expected to pay tuition, registration, exam fees and all other course related costs. Some assistance with these costs may be available depending on your circumstances and the latest government funding position.
There are normally no tuition, registration or examination fees to pay if you are aged 16-18 on 07 April in the first year of your course and are a British or European Union resident.
If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college at email@example.com our international centres/career advisers directly. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment or unit payment. You will not be awarded for any partial or unit completion. Once you successfully complete your first year you will be awarded Certificate (level 4) and at completion of the two years programme, you will be awarded Diploma (level 4).
Flexible Payment Plan
You may choose three instalments or monthly direct debit payment plan.
Direct debit instalment plan – Most students will have the option of spreading their fee payments across the consecutive 22 months with our direct debit instalment plan. However, the full payment plan is discounted than the monthly payment plan.