Structural Engineering Online Programme
The Advanced Diploma in Structural Engineering will give you an excellent and effective start to your career as a professional Structural Engineer/Design Engineer and also lead to higher education, if desired. Advanced Diplomas are well respected industry qualifications for engineering students, and employers value the skills that you gain on the programme. It can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the construction industry.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Structural Engineering professional.
This well established qualification is set at an intermediate undergraduate level and places academic theory within a practical context as well as enabling you to pass a degree with honours or distinction in any university in the United Kingdom or overseas.
Certificate (level 4) can be achieved at completion of year one and advanced Diploma (level 5) at completion of year two. This diploma course is the right choice if you wish to work as a Structural Engineering Professional or if you want to attend university to follow a BSc course.
- Skills shortages in the industry
- Easy to find employment
- Possible step to successfully follow degree program
- Works in the office
- This course will fit in with employers’ needs
- Capable to work or continue to further study
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Structural Engineering to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- You will attend live online lectures by first class British lecturers
- All live lectures will be conducted by online
The course consists of two years including optional industrial training. Each year long programme contains 6 core modules. Students’ performance will be assessed by an open book online exam (assignments).
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Structural Fundamentals
- Soils and Foundations
- Structural Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics and Modelling
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Design of Concrete
- Structural Design of Steel
- Advanced Structural Design
- Design and Computing
- Structural Engineering Design Project
- Minimum 18 years old, and
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE in Maths and English (or Equivalent), or
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering/Science including Mathematics, or
- If you have relevant experience please contact us on email@example.com with your updated CV
- Course materials will be delivered throuhg study portal
- Live online lectures will be held enabling you to ask questions during your lectures
- Interaction with your fellow course students
- Learn from your home whilst having all the benefits and feel of a class room study
- Lecturer’s computer screen will be shared with video conferencing through special software
Period of Study
The course follows a two-year programme. The following course schedule includes learning, online exams and an open book exam (assignment).
- Each Module will be of 8 weeks duration (approximately)
- There will be a number of revisions or re-submissions of unsuccessful exams, which will be allocated at the end of each module.
The College provides live online lectures including question and answer session from the United Kingdom. Further, the college will organise group study and develop the presenting skills of students. In addition, each student is required to carry out a significant level of independent study.
Total course fee per year is £2,280 or alternatively you may choose instalment payment plan
Supplemental fees for English Language Course will apply if you have chosen the Intensive English Program.
If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college or our international centres/career advisers directly. The start date of your course is dependent on the enrolment date of your module. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment or module payment. You will be awarded for any partial or module completion. Once you successfully complete your first year you will be awarded Certificate (level 4) and at completion of the two year programme, you will be awarded Diploma (level 5).